MERRY CHRISTMAS CHARLIE BROWN


As the HD warmed up this morning on my television, I heard a fired up politician yammering on about nonsense. Perched high atop her soapbox, the loud, obnoxious blowhard in her over sized red suit made my blood boil. Two weeks before election day I should expect nothing less than ridiculous former Alaskan Governor's belting out idiotic ramblings, so in an effort to stay calm and collected, I focused on other red-suit wearing individuals. Specifically, Chris Kringle. Nothing makes me happier than this time of year, so to shift my focus from conservative jerks to how to conserve my savings this season, a sense of empowerment and satisfaction rolled over me. While my interior design leans toward a simple, clean, minimal execution, when the holidays arrive my edit button flies out the window. I'm not a fan of blow-up lawn decorations, but for the most part I think anything goes in the holiday-decor arena. If it makes you happy, just put it out there. One buddy I try to ring in the holiday season with year after year is Mr. Charlie Brown. Poor, misunderstood Charlie. Even his choice in a Christmas tree was mocked. But he liked it, it made him smile and that's all that really counts. Still searching for my perfect Christmas tree, I did a Google search today and low and behold, "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" popped up. Target sells a fabulous replica of the sad tree for $12.74. If you want something a little bit bigger and brighter, Walmart sells pre-lit trees starting at $20 with free shipping (for a 6' Colorado Pine). Yet one more reason to shop walmart for pre-lit trees is there "site to store" where you can place the order online but have it shipped...for free...to a store near you. Ho, Ho, Ho I've gotta go, go, go....to walmart!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Takes 2-3 days to arrive at the store
COST: I purchased a pre-lit, 7' Colorado Pine on www.walmart.com for $25!
STRESS LEVEL: Save now, spend less: LOW

Popular Posts