A BLANK CANVAS


Oh the days of clients with unlimited budgets and low expectations are long gone. Tough economic times means tough clients, low budgets and high demands. Take my latest client, for example. We don't have similar taste, we don't speak the same language, and quite frankly she's a real bitch! Well, she's our dog, Canyon, so I guess we'll give her a break in that department. Our main design issue...she loves to be on every bed, every sofa all the time. She's shedding and it's raining outside. Need I say more? While I've found myself in a somewhat hairy situation, this weekends stroll through Home Depot gave me another light bulb moment. For under ten bucks you can pick up linen or cotton drop cloths in a lovely tan or white. Don't like the color? Dye them in a bathtub and for a fraction of the cost of 99.9 percent of fabrics you can make slip covers, curtains, pillows and much more. Even better, if your lovely puppy gets them dirty you won't sing the blues because you aren't out a lot of green!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: depends on the project
COST: 9.99 for the 9x6 canvas at home depot
STRESS LEVEL: making a bitch happy for little dough: low

Popular Posts