NAP SACK

I've been traveling a lot lately (so the tips have been on break) and one thing I've noticed whether in an airport, a rest stop or tooling down the freeway, you people travel with a lot of crap! I know I'm going to sound like an old fart, but Jesus, kids these days have STUFF! Cellphones, ipods and pads, mini-tv's, laptops, makeup and toys...and that's just the toddlers. So, I got to thinking as I stood behind THAT family in the security line at Kennedy airport in New York...the one that waited to unzip the bag until they reached the conveyor belt, revealing every Christmas present ever purchased for these precious little money suckers. People, a little tip when flying...wear shoes you can easily slip on and off, BEFORE you reach the conveyor belt take your crap OUT of your bags..I mean, you're in line sometimes for an hour and you don't think to do anything until you reach the belt? Really? So, today's little hechtip wasn't meant as a rant on travel etiquette, but I giggled to myself as I sat comfortably numb in my airplane seat watching parents fight for the last pillow on the plane (for a small $10 fee, by the way) and that always dorky business traveler with the blow up pillow that he insists on wearing as he walks around the plane and I thought, how can we make this easier for the poor parents? A stroll down the aisles of two of my favorite stores...Target and Ikea, found sheet sets marked down so much they were almost free and I thought, hummm. I love pillow cases with button closures and found two sets at both stores for under $5. I then took fabric from the sheet and sewed straps on the case to make a back pack. Then I happened upon smaller throw pillows (perfect for airline or car travel) to put inside the pillow case along with your kids necessities. So, instead of carrying a pillow from home, create a fun backpack/carrying case your kids will love as they ask that popular question, "when are we going to be there???"
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Thirty minutes
COST: $4.50 for pillow case and sheet and $3.99 for throw pillow at Target
STRESS LEVEL: happy kids make for easy traveling: LOW

Popular Posts