HOT AND COLD


On the east coast we're bracing for a week of heat, humidity and long days of steamy un-air conditioned conditions. To prepare for the week ahead, I looked at my bank balance thinking I'd move us into a cool hotel for a few days (our lovely home doesn't have air conditioning) but realized, sadly, we are in for a long, hot week. Instead of crying (in hopes my tears will cool off my face) I threw on a pair of flip flops, a t-shirt and shorts and came up with a few ways to temper the heat. A few weeks ago I shared a tip about filling old wine bottles with water, adding lemons and limes and storing it in the cold refrigerator. So, to stay hydrated I filled a few bottles so I have cold beverages whenever I want them. If we plan on having a cold cocktail at night, I filled one ice tray with tonic so all we have to do is pour a small glass of Vodka or Gin and add a few cubes. And last night my hot other half had a great, cool dinner idea to beat the heat: a tomato, pickle and mayo sandwich. Easy as pie to make, the cool snack kept me from having a heat attack when the mercury hit 90 at 8PM! Add anything cool from your fridge: cold mustard, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. and enjoy the heat without the meat!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: Less than $5
STRESS LEVEL: keeping cool when the temperature boils over; LOW

Popular Posts