DO THIS!



This morning was hot and muggy, a typical northeastern summer day, so to peel myself away from my cup of ice coffee with Meredith and Matt was a bit challenging, but I managed. I made two decisions this week; lose weight and stick to the routine! That routine involves running up the hill behind our house every morning, rain or shine so I can start looking (somewhat) divine. Thankfully, I made it this morning without collapsing on a pile of deer bile, just in time to see the 8:30 "Health and Fitness" segment on the Today Show. Wiping the sweat out of my eyes, I focused on a perfectly chiseled man telling us to "eat this, not that." Seemed fairly simple to follow until I saw his examples. Hungry for a cheeseburger? Don't eat THAT, eat a hand full of nuts instead, this adonis told us. Want a donut with your coffee this morning? DON'T! Instead, have a banana. Don't cheat on pizza tonight, eat grass and slim down that ass!! Okay, so I understand the concept behind this mans weight loss advice but, dude, when I'm thinking I want a giant burger, I'm clearly far away from the land of nuts! I thought of this as I inch closer and closer to the budget a client set for me in re-fluffing her master bedroom. We've saved where we could but now, in the final stretch, it's all about accessories and I thought two funky, fresh, hip mirrors above each night stand would look fab. Too bad I only have $75 left! One of the options above cost over $300.00/each while the other was less than $70. Can you guess? A stroll through SoHo's hip and fabulous ABC CARPET AND HOME found the lovely white number hanging on a wall for $750 (I found an identical one on www.zgallery.com for $375. By the way, I used to hate Z but now it's FabulouZ!). Where do I head when I'm starving for good ideas? IKEA...where I found the Igtorp black frame for $22. So, if you've got the taste for a little something out of financial reach, don't despair because there are great deals to be found out there (or, just keep checking back here!)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Walked in, saw it, grabbed it
COST: Igtorp black frame at Ikea $22 www.ikea.com
STRESS LEVEL: Getting what I want for less without gaining debt: LOW

Popular Posts