H2OH



I like to think I have high tolerance for many things; stupid people, for example. While they often annoy me, I try to laugh off their ridiculous behavior as much as possible. Rude retail dingbats, same thing. Bad food, Walmart shoppers, terrible drivers, Republican big mouth idiots all fall under the same category in my mind; don't bring attention to their nonsense, and it won't bother me. The hot, muggy days of summer, however, drive me nuts! To stay hydrated (and calm) I drink as much water as possible, but sometimes that just isn't enough. To me, Diet Coke on a hot day tastes like drinking a glass of Aunt Jamima maple syrup. So, to make you go OH when drinking your H2O this summer, I came up with simple tips that won't add bulge to your hips!
FRUIT LOOPS:
In the last few months I've blogged about recycling old wine bottles and repurposing them around the house: removing the labels from white wine bottles create instant vases for a center piece, fill them with dish soap and place them on your counter, use them for salad dressing,or fill them with ice cold water, add slices of lemon, lime and orange or clementine, place in refrigerator and enjoy a cold glass of fruity delight! (tip: I like to load the bottle with as many slices as possible to make the water full of flavor. Make sure you cut small slices, however, or you'll have trouble getting them out when you want to make a fresh batch...about a week is as long as I leave them in...or, use a wooden skewer to remove the fruit pieces)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Two minutes
COST: free if you have fruit trees or under $2 if you don't. I keep the fruity water bottle in my refrigerator for at least a week before removing fruit slices.
STRESS LEVEL: chilling out with something cool: LOW

Popular Posts