COMING OUT PARTY


I came out in California. In fact, I came out over and over again because the warm, friendly climate of Southern California means you can party your pants off anytime, anywhere. After moving to New York, we're forced into our closet-like environment most of the year because of the cold, long winters. Believe it or not, I don't mind them. Actually, I LOVE winter and it's taken me longer to adjust to the warm days of summer than it takes most to cope with the damp, dark, dreary days of winter. But, I'm officially ready for summer, outdoor parties, thunderstorms and the much needed break from chopping, stacking and hauling fire wood. My favorite part of summer are the outdoor dinner parties we throw (sometimes, just for the two of us). Feeling a little blue last weekend, I decided to jazz things up on our dining room table by creating something wet, wild and cool. By taking two different sized vases (and securing the smaller one inside the larger with floral adhesive), I poured water between the two and added food coloring. After placing a candle in the middle (white pillar candles are best) I created a fun, interesting conversation piece for our table. So, whoever you are, wherever you are, come out, come out and party your socks off this summer!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes
COST: Food coloring was $5/pack (for the Fourth of July I'm thinking of doing blue and red!!)
STRESS LEVEL: Feeling happy about doing something blue: LOW

Popular Posts