I'M ONLY A DESIGNER!



OK, here's the thing people, I'm only human and at the end of the day we all make mistakes, even designers! A few days ago I ran to the Home Depot, grabbed a couple cans of spray paint and (I thought) brought new life to a few old chairs in our backyard. When Joe got home he looked out our kitchen window and with out skipping a beat exclaimed, "Jesus when did we move to Florida?" I took that to mean he didn't like the stainless steel look I introduced to our old world outdoor wrought iron furniture (and, I agree. The paint is great if that's the look you're going for, but our chairs ended up looking like something ripped off the set of the Jersey Housewives!). So, I practiced what I preach. I tell client after client that the easiest way to transform a space is to PAINT it, but talking them into a bold color choice is often more difficult than getting a politician to tell the truth. So, I explain, it's only paint. If you hate a color, you can change it quickly which is exactly what I did with our outdoor pieces. After purchasing just two cans of Rustoleum spray paint for outdoor wrought iron furniture, I sprayed away the glitter so these pieces could shine!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes to come to my senses. Ten minutes to re-paint
COST: $3.99/can for Rustoleum Ultra Cover pain in Satin Espresso
STRESS LEVEL: we all make mistakes. Cleaning them up: LOW

Popular Posts