OY VEY THE DUVET!


One of my least favorite things to do is laundry and, as luck would have it, we have endless piles scattered around our house. Quite honestly, I can't figure out why we have so much. We don't have kids with snotty noses or drooling parents living under our roof, but we do have dogs that love to play in mud, roll in grass (and other dogs poo) and after such activities they love nothing more than to hop up on our bed and take a long afternoon snooze. For me that means washing our duvet cover at least twice a week. Sometimes, especially after a heavy laundry day, sliding the down comforter back into the cover can be about as tricky as putting toothpaste back in the tube. Getting it to stay in place is even more difficult. Until I discovered my latest trick of the bed trade, that is. By turning the duvet cover inside out and sewing two pieces of ribbon on the top corners, I eliminate the slip in our cover. Tie the duvet to the strings, recover and voila, you've got a bed ready for action!
another tip for the down comforter/duvet combo: I always buy one size larger down comforter to fill out the cover. Have a Queen size bed? Stuff that duvet with a king down comforter and you'll have a bed fit for a queen...or two!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Crawling into bed without crawling out of my skin: LOW

Popular Posts