AMAZING.COM


When the Miracles single "SHOP AROUND" came out in 1960, chances are Smokey Robinson was thinking about home renovations when he squealed, "you betta shop around!!!" Today, especially with the wonders of Internet shopping, it's easier than you think to find small miracles and big savings when you let your fingers do the shopping. Whether shopping for a client or myself (especially when it comes to housewares) I always price compare online. For example, a few years ago during their renovation my mother fell in love with a copper sink for her new bar. When she discovered the $2,000 price tag, she filed for a quick divorce from those feelings and gave me a ring. A few clicks of my mouse on google later and we found a similar sink for $200. My friend, Michelle, wanted a gorgeous glass chandelier in her bedroom but passed out when she saw prices on Beverly Blvd. in the neighborhood of you've gotta be kidding me so I found a chandelier discount center (by typing just that in my google search) and discovered a bright, inexpensive light at the end of her tunnel. More recently my searches have taken me to Amazon.com (I usually only shop Amazon for books, CD's etc.) where I was pleasantly surprised to see everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink! Yesterday I popped into a high-end kitchen store in Westchester county browsing for sinks and this morning, snow falling outside, I typed "inexpensive stainless steel sinks" in my browser and up popped AMAZON.COM. For $400 less than yesterday's fancy price, I found a steal of a deal! Last month, wearing my Santa cap, I also landed on Amazon where I picked up one of Joe's favorite gifts (the Lodge Logic cowboy pan) for 40% off other sites. While I don't cut coupons, I do find great ways to cut costs when I can. So next time you're searching for amazing prices, search Amazon.com!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: For many purchases, shipping is free and arrives in 5-7 days and for a small fee can arrive NEXT DAY if/when in stock!
COST: The cowboy pan and lodge.com was $42 and I paid $27 on Amazon.
STRESS LEVEL: Amazing savings for the home without leaving mine: LOW

Popular Posts