TIS THE SEASON TO EDIT

Nothing like having a son with a blog and a big mouth (and active fingers) but, Mother, I just couldn't resist! After spending the better part of ninety minutes on the phone with my mother yesterday walking her through the (fairly simple) steps of building a holiday card on www.vistaprint.com we, and I will admit I, created the mistake above. In attempting to help her, I fucked up! For some reason I thought it would be easy from 3,000 miles away to walk my mother through the simple steps together...she on her laptop in sunny Southern California and I on mine in the cold Hudson Valley. Little did I know I was about to tarnish the holiday the two of us cherish more than any other. A few years ago at Christmas dinner my Mother begged me to edit my stories at the table so I wouldn't shock our guests. I didn't do it then, and I clearly didn't do it yesterday. My tip (and lesson learned) for today: EDIT. While Vista Print is incredibly easy, inexpensive and fast, you MUST edit before clicking the "complete order" button. So, in the haste of your day as you're preparing your seasons greetings, make sure you edit or you might just get it! (NOTE: Vista asks that you create a simple, free account so, as in our case, if two people are logged into the same account you must remember to choose the CORRECT version before purchasing.)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED/TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: A computer, downloaded image and about five minutes of your time.
COST: Cards start as low as $3.99 for 10 photo cards at www.vistaprint.com
STRESS LEVEL: Everyone fucks up now and then: LOW

Popular Posts