RAISING THE BAR


Sorry the tip jar's been empty this week, but I've been under a pile of nonsense trying to figure out how to use my new Mac. I'm certainly not PC about anything until it comes to computers. Trying to figure out how to download photos on my new laptop is just about as challenging as keeping a politician from buying a topless lap dance. Clearly, I figured it out just in time for the strong Canadian winds to knock our power out. So, here I am in the middle of a busy week helping yet another client "shine her silver." A busy attorney and mother of two, while organizing play dates, birthday parties, soccer games and summer vacations for her children hasn't had much time to organize her life at home. So, I've stepped in..Dr. Design at her service. I assured her that her place was lovely and most likely she wouldn't need to purchase a thing. We began the de-clutter deliberations in her favorite room of the house; a room that is half library and half bar. I swear, If I had the same setup in college I'd never have graduated! Overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork after passing the bar, she closed the door on the mess and moved on to her next case. In less time than it took for OJ Simpson to lead Police on a chase around Los Angeles (4 hours) I had reorganized this library just in time to have a drink at the bar.
TIPSY:
If overwhelmed by a room filled with clutter and not sure where to start, purchase large plastic bins or cardboard boxes. Use one as KEEP FOR STORAGE, one for FILE, one for GIVE AWAY and one for TRASH. You'll be surprised how quickly you can work through the paperwork and settle in!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 4 hours
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: With my right hand on the bible: LOW

Popular Posts