OYKEA

Just like New York and Los Angeles, you either love Ikea or you hate it! If the only time you have to shop is on the weekends, a trip to Swedish Furniture Heaven will most likely make you scream OY! But don't be afraid...the Swedes don't bite. Actually, they're quite nice (some of my best friends are Swedish and I try to support them whenever I can) and their furniture is hip, modern and (for the most part) totally inexpensive. Take the "Ulta" side chair, for example, which, for under $200, helped complete the modern look I was going for in a small Manhattan apartment with a tight budget. The Swedes kicked butt in the design department so you can have a cool place to rest yours!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes of shopping. One hour to get to the lovely metroplex of Paramus, New Jersey..home of one of the largest Ikea's I've ever seen!
COST: The Ulta Side chair: $195
STRESS LEVEL: If you DON'T go on a weekend: LOW

Popular Posts