DE-SIGN OF THE TIMES


Chances are if you have two extra pennies to rub together these days you aren't spending them on interior design (which is why I'm a step away from standing on the corner of Hard & Luck holding a sign that reads, "Will Design for a Dime!"). While I'm fortunate enough not to be searching dumpsters for food, when I see an interesting furniture piece in the trash I'll dive right in. Yes, it's true, often someones trash is anothers treasure! I'm not suggesting you forgo the trip to Ikea this weekend for a dive in your local dump, but while the economy continues to stink, before you toss away your goods just stop and think...chances are someone could get some cash for what you're about to throw in the trash!
TRASH TALK!
Two pieces we now treasure were just a few steps away from getting tossed in the trash before I bathed them with a can of paint. To breathe new life into these tired old chairs I purchased a can of Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover spray paint (one can is equivalent to two, is fast drying and works on wood, metal, and wicker for indoor and outdoor use. I sprayed the chairs black and added light blue cushions from Pier 1). Tough times call for bright money-saving ideas, so for a little cash I saved these chairs from death in the trash!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Fifteen minutes
COST: Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover spray paint at the Home Depot: $3.44 (one can for 2 chairs)
STRESS LEVEL: Taking our trash and making it a treasure: LOW

Popular Posts