BIG CRACKS



I had no idea how severe the crack problem was in New Jersey until I tuned into the Real Housewives of New Jersey last night and witnessed the awful truth (don't judge..it's like Twinkies and the Olive Garden..I secretly love them but don't dare admit it). Right before my eyes the truth revealed itself and I suddenly realized how big the problem was. Young or old, hefty or skinny, all of the housewives were guilty...bending over to pick up a Chanel purse, stepping out of a Range Rover, twisting and turning to pop open a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne, I saw so many abuses of crack last night I thought I was watching an episode of Cops! Ladies, here's a tip: pull up your pants or buy some that fit (if I keep eating lunch at the Olive Garden I'm sure I'll have a crack problem too!). During a commercial break I ran to wash my hands in our downstairs bathroom where I came face to face with our crack problem. After spending hours ripping down old wallpaper and sanding years of sticky glue, we revealed a few cracks in our foundation. So, to fix the problem I headed to our favorite rehabilitation center: The Home Depot.
CRACK IS WHACK!
To take care of our crack problem I purchased drywall joint tape and plaster (if you have larger cracks or holes tape is often necessary to prevent your patchwork from cracking under pressure). Place the self-adhesive tape over your crack, fill it with plaster, wait an hour and give it a good sand job. In a few simple steps you'll kick your crack habit!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes to tape and patch, one hour to dry
COST: Drywall Joint Tape $3.99, Patch $5.99 at Home Depot or Lowes
STRESS LEVEL: Cleaning up our problem: LOW

Popular Posts