ALL THAT GLIDDENS IS GOLD

No, the porch above is not the entryway to a crazy house or the set of the Hudson Valley's version of Cirque du Soleil, it's our home and one that is in constant motion. Joe used to make fun of me when I whined about spending our weekends on ladders holding paint brushes, but this weekend was not unlike any other (notice the ladder in the background...and the fireplace hood and parts sitting on our front porch...oh, I'll get to that later in the week!!). With A.D.D. in full swing and a sledge hammer in hand (well, Joe had the sledge hammer, I had a paintbrush) we attacked our projects this weekend hoping to scratch some of the big tasks off our long list. I recently overheard someone cry out vehemently, "I don't want to live in a beige world" so, while I love the many shades of beige, I decided to head to the Home Depot to pick up a few paint samples for the exterior trim of our house. After twenty years of neglect, the trim of our house is far from fit, so we chose this project as one of our first. After scraping and priming the trim I purchased several samples of Glidden outdoor paint (some pre-mixed samples come in nail-polish sized containers with built-in brushes or you can mix slightly larger versions for a few dollars more. One little tip....in the paint aisles of the Home Depot you'll find shelves of paint and samples that have been pre-mixed and abandoned by shoppers, so you can pick up a gallon for $5!). I won't name the person who chose the lovely shade of Gold, but after slapping the colors on the side of the house I think it knocked some sense into him!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes
COST: Glidden pre-mixed paint samples at the Home Depot: $2.97/each
STRESS LEVEL: Too many choices: HIGH

Popular Posts