YOU SAY TOMATO, I SAY GAZPACHO


Some say liquid salad, some say cold tomato juice, I say it's my favorite way of cooling down on a hot summer day; diving into a bowl of cold Gazpacho soup!  My Mother, living in the steamy desert of Palm Springs, makes some of the best I've ever had which makes 110 degree days not so bad! Forget what Jenny Craig says about fighting the pudge, fill up on a healthy bowl of soup and you won't crave a pound of fudge!
LET'S CALL THE WHOLE THING ON:
Who cares what they say, this is a fantastic summer treat and it's incredibly easy to make!
What you'll need:
2 pounds plum tomatoes
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
What you do:
Dice two tomatoes.  Puree tomatoes with tomato juice, vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil in a blender until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Transfer to non-metal dish (I use a large tupperware bowl). Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve (best to do it overnight). 
***I've gotten off the farm this week in search of new, exciting tips so pardon me if I fail to tell stories of wonderful dips.  Enjoy the week catching up on Hechtips and I assure you I'll be back soon with a bunch of good sh*t!** (new tips return at the end of the week!)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 20 minutes
COST: Under $10
STRESS LEVEL: Loving it cold on a hot, steamy day: LOW

Popular Posts