TWITTER DEE & TWITTER DUMB


Just when I started to grasp the world of Facebook along comes Twitter and, I must admit, I feel like an idiot because I haven't a clue how (or why) it works. Users claim it's an easy way to stay in touch with family and friends, so I figured if teenage girls and Anderson Cooper can figure it out, so can I. But why? Have we over-simplified communication to the point of making a phone call obsolete? Even my partner in crime and life, Joe, prefers to text me sometimes rather than call, I'm sure, for fear I'll babble on and on about nonsense like my obsession with melamine plates. I, however, choose to ignore the advances in technology and have referred back to the simple ways of communicating..writing it down! If you have children, an absent minded husband or just love writing reminders around your house, here's a fun way to get your point across.
LEARN TO CHALK:
For under $5 you can create an innovative, inexpensive communication tool: a slate roof tile, rope, drawer pull and chalk are all you need. Slate roof tiles make great chalk boards, are pre-drilled for roof nails and with the addition of heavy duty twine, can be hung anywhere. Glue a flat drawer pull to the bottom and you've got a great place to put your chalk. When you're done, Twitter twatter to your friends and let them know how easy it is to communicate in your home! By the way, if you want to tweet me, I'm phechtdesigns (not sure if that's @twitter or what but if you're a twit, I'm sure you're with it!)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: Slate tile: $2.99, drawer pull: $1.99 (at Lowes or other Home Improvement stores)
STRESS LEVEL: Starting the day with a clean slate: LOW

Popular Posts