WOODSTOCK



Stuck between a rock wall and a hard place to maneuver in our outdoor kitchen, I headed north towards the sleepy little town of Woodstock in search of storage solutions for our tight space. After strolling through several antique stores riddled with inflated prices on everything from tie dye shirts to bongs, with the Grateful Dead's "Touch of Grey" playing in the background, I came up with an idea. Last year, most likely high from paint fumes, I thought I'd breath new life into an old cabinet by painting it cannabis-green (I was channeling my inner-hippie) so, instead of spending money in this depressed market, I decided to tighten my belt, close my wallet and head home to take stock in our wood!
OUT OF THE WOODS:
Using left over paint from our kitchen project, I painted the inside of the cabinet the light blue of our trim and the outside the same black as our kitchen cabinets. I attached two hooks to one end of the cabinet for dish towels, grill equipment, etc. and in one short hour after transforming the old cabinet and organizing our mess, all felt peaceful once again!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: One Hour
COST: Zero
STRESS LEVEL: Transforming my wood while listening to good music: LOW

Popular Posts