MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE

Unless you live on another planet, you most likely are aware that this week is earth week and tomorrow is officially "Earth Day." Events are planned in schools, communities, villages, towns and cities around the world to celebrate gains we have made and create new visions to accelerate environmental progress. Hold onto your hairspray and SUV keys and relax, though, this doesn't mean you have to buy a Prius tomorrow or start living like the Amish (although, that would help) just do one thing...commit to something...and carry it beyond this week, to send a message and do your part to help mend the world. While I don't have a green thumb I do have green tips and pass them along to you whenever I can. Late last year I added a statistic counter to my blog so A.) I could see if anyone was reading at all...and thank you to the 1,000+ unique visitors I have a month, whoever you are! but most importantly B.) I wanted to see what people were reading. Stat Counter and Google Analytics are two that I use and help me track how you found me, what you're reading, how long you stay, where you came from and if (hopefully) you come back. What I found was fascinating. While I knew I had followers in Sweden (my friend Majken) and Australia (my friend Debbie) I had no idea (nor do I know anyone) in India, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Mexico and New Zealand...all countries where I, for some reason, have people reading my simple little messages. Many came to me, in fact, when they Googled "composting" and my "Compost your toast" story popped up. So, to those readers..and all of you, I thank you again for coming back and before I waste more precious energy on this entry, I'll get right to my tip of the day.
SEND YOUR MESSAGE BY PUTTING IT IN A BOTTLE!
Buying in bulk helps reduce the amount of waste with multiple packaging so, for example, in the kitchen purchase a large container of dish soap, store it under your sink or in the pantry and only put what you need in a small condiment container. Fewer trips to the store means less gas used, more money saved and fewer packages wasted. One thing. Do it today so we all can have a better tomorrow!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Two minutes
COST: Condiment containers available at grocery stores and, of course, Target: $1.00
STRESS LEVEL: Hitting the bottle for a good cause: LOW

Popular Posts