TU(BIG)LIPS

Last week I finally got off the farm, left the land of holly and pine and headed to the corner of Hollywood and Vine. Suffering from a mild case of cabin fever, I hopped a plane and flew to the west coast where I was shocked to discover we're still talking about that mother? As Brad and Angelina prepared for their strut down the red carpet, to pass time during the long trek, I caught up on that crazy train wreck (is she really trying to look like Angelina Jolie...puuhlease!) Nadya Suleman doesn't have two pennies to rub together but clearly spent all of her tips on those enormous lips! If Oscar had an award for most ridiculous waste of money, honey, she'd get it! While gossiping with my mother about Nadya's giant red lips, I learned a fascinating tip about Tulips! Preparing for her own Oscar bash, my mother showed me how to create a beautiful arrangement without spending a lot of cash..two cents to be exact. With a gorgeous bouquet of freshly cut tulips, to expedite the bloom and ensure they'd last longer in the room, my mom dropped two pennies in the bottom of a vase to solve this case! Little did I know copper is an essential nutrient in plant growth. Drop two pennies in the bottom of a vase and your flowers will open faster and last longer. For the fruit trees in her back yard she spread a little copper (purchased at the local flower shop) to help them grow more proper.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes to see results
COST: Two-five pennies depending on how large the arrangement
STRESS LEVEL: Beautiful, red tulips for nada (well, two cents): Low

Popular Posts