SNUGGLE UP THIS VALENTINES DAY

On Valentines Day nine years ago I started a new job as a celebrity personal assistant. While I won't reveal who she is (after all I did sign a confidentiality agreement) I will most likely be in a movie theater this weekend to see the premiere of her new date movie. I learned a lot in the year I worked for her. From where to buy wigs for your cat to how to rent a helicopter, the fine art of craning an Airstream trailer into someones backyard to convincing a bellboy in the Bahamas to walk out to the beach, gather sand and ship it to us in Hollywood. I learned to be resourceful, efficient and when it came to gift giving, creative. To get one step ahead I created our own gift log, something I do today. I bought a blank sketch book, ordered every possible gift catalog and clipped items I thought would be interesting gift ideas, pasted them to the pages with websites, phone numbers and prices. When we needed a gift, we went to the book. Today my relentless pursuit of the perfect, inexpensive, creative gift continues. The item above...the Snuggie...is NOT one of them! Why this is such a hit, I haven't a clue! Need a great throw for you and your beau? Check out Crate and Barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com) where they've got great sales with throws as low as $9.99. If you're honey has a sweet tooth log onto www.wrappedhersheys.com and order a personalized candy bar for as low as $.99 or buy one of Pottery Barns Blue Glass Bottle Jars for $9.99 and fill it with kisses. If you still haven't a clue and are bored with everything else, how about a board game like Clue? So, instead of buying the tacky wrap above, make your own unique gift and wrap a story around it for someone you love.
TIME TO COMPLETE PROJECT: Thirty minutes
COST: as low as $.99 for personalized Hershey Bars
STRESS LEVEL: Finding something for my honey without spending a lot of money: LOW

Popular Posts