GET A GRIP!

The most frustrating part of winter for me so far is the gigantic hill of coats, scarves and gloves piled high on a bench by our front door. Just when I thought the trail of muddy, snowy, salty boots was going to send me over the edge, sifting through a pile of smelly winter jackets has made me want to climb the tallest mountain and scream my head off! While I love watching the snow fall outside, when the coats fall on the floor in puddles of watery muck, I want to scream, "OH FCK!" To manage my anger and the mess, I headed to the home depot to help lower my stress.
PULL IT TOGETHER!
I picked up rubber floor tiles to place near the front door and an industrial dish bucket for shoes and boots. To handle our hurly burly coat factory, I popped into an antique store and picked up inexpensive, vintage door knobs. Because we don't have a coat closet or enough space for a rack, I attached the knobs to the wall with 3" screws and never looked back! I was so happy with the results I kept screwing all over the house...for kitchen towels, bath towels and robes...if you can hang it, get a handle on it!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Fifteen minutes
COST: $15.00 for box of glass vintage knobs
STRESS LEVEL: Learning to get a grip without flying off the handle: LOW

Popular Posts