AND THE WINNER IS...


As some of Hollywood's brightest stars hit the red carpet last night for the Golden Globes, I was presented with a golden opportunity: prepare a house for the market without spending any money! I decided to take this role because I knew I could make this place shine without spending a dime. Recently called on the carpet (someone emailed a comment about a room I designed, "nice, but what if you don't have any money, honey!") I wanted to prove that you don't have to be a box office hit to clean up your pit! Just because you aren't a millionaire doesn't mean you have to live in a slum! The owner of this house had been a mad man until I showed him the revolutionary road to cleanliness. Stay tuned for more zero-dollar makeovers as I attack this project one room at a time!
IT'S ALL IN THE EDITING:
To get started I took a quick snapshot of the space so we could focus in on our problem areas. Like many: clutter was everywhere. It was time to edit. So, we made piles of what they use everyday, what they never use, what can we store, what can we toss. I only used items I found in the garage for my room transformations...in this case, a can of paint to clean up the wall holding the pot rack and shelves once used in a home office. I put a coat of semi-gloss paint on them, hung them on the wall above the sinks and put only the items they use every day on the shelves. It took only a few hours for this couple to feel like stars! (click on photos to blow up)
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 3 hours
COST:$0
STRESS LEVEL:left with nothing but good change: LOW

Popular Posts