GOOD THINGS


While most people dream of living on the beach, buying a castle in England, a cabin in Aspen, or a mansion in the Hamptons, when I was a kid I dreamed of living in an airstream trailer. At age seven, perched on Santa's lap in the middle of a mall I asked him to grant one wish that Christmas...I wanted a trailer. What he delivered was a bright yellow Barbie camper! While it wasn't exactly what I was looking for it fed my hunger for trailer life. Years later flipping through my favorite magazine, Martha Stewart Living (of course), I happened upon the photo above and my fantasy of living in a trailer slipped a notch. While Martha explained how to thatch the side of a house, make Christmas lights out of twigs and thorns and teach your chickens how to chirp "ho, ho, ho" I fantasized about the house (or trailer) I would have someday and how I would decorate it. My fantasy of living in an airstream trailer hasn't come true yet but because good things really do happen, I'm living in that house today!
THE LITTLE THINGS:
Good things sometimes come in little packages! To put our spin on this holidays decorations (Joe, too, loves airstream trailers) we've strung adorable airstream trailer lights all over our house. They're cute, funky and they're so us!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 30 minutes
COST: $19.99 for string of Airstream Trailer lights at www.bronners.com
STRESS LEVEL: Enjoying the good things: LOW

Popular Posts