FEAST YOUR EYES ON THESE!

After a week of eating leftover turkey, pumpkin cheesecake, coffee cake and other goodies from Thanksgiving, I jumped onto the scale and quickly spiraled into a deep pit of shame and disgust. I'm starting to look like a cast member of the "Real Housewives of Orange County"...were those boobs I've suddenly grown? Why do they jiggle when I'm standing still? While contemplating auditioning for the next season of "THE BIGGEST LOSER" I decided to dial myself down, hide the scale in the basement, cover all mirrors with sheets and just enjoy the holidays. One of my favorite things about this time of year, after all, is the great food produced and consumed at holiday feasts. So, I dug out one of my favorite recipes I make with my mother every year...Just like one of the housewives of Orange County, they're cheap and easy! So for your next holiday feast save a few bucks by serving your guests some of these delicious buckeyes!
RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES:
1 (12 oz.) jar peanut butter
1 stick butter
1 lb. box powdered sugar
Chocolate chips
Paraffin
Melt butter and peanut butter over low heat or in double boiler. Add sugar and allow to cool until it can be handled easily. Roll into the shape of buckeyes.
In a double boiler, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and a few slivers of paraffin, enough so the chocolate will cling to buckeyes and not slide off. Dip the buckeyes into the chocolate (using a fork, spoon or toothpick) leaving room at the top for the eye. Place on waxed paper to cool and harden.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK:Thirty minutes
COST: Under $10.00
STRESS LEVEL: Paying only a few books for good chocolate treats: LOW

Popular Posts