V.P. DEBATE

While our house represents change, our cabinet remains predominantly white. The ongoing debate in our house is over increased spending on domestic affairs. Joe, the more conservative member of our household, believes we should tighten our belts, conserve our resources and continue with the status quo. I, on the other hand, never feel like we have enough! As November gets closer and closer, our debate has gotten heated over our choice for V.P. (Visitors Plates). While I embrace all colors, shapes and sizes, I like my dinner plates to be simple, clean and WHITE. For Thanksgiving, with our guest list pushing 20, I'd like our table to look simple, elegant and sophisticated. Paper plates and tupperware are lovely for camping or visiting Grandma but, in my book, shouldn't come near the Thanksgiving table. So, I did my research and found great deals on dinnerware at the Williams Sonoma Outlet. For less than $2.00 a plate even you can have an all-white cabinet!
WHITE HOUSE:
I tend to go with a simple plate and add color everywhere else: napkins, tablecloths, flowers, chargers, soup bowls, etc. Everyone has fantastic sales lately on white plates. Crate and Barrel has a line in their "Fall Sale" catalog and Williams Sonoma has several lines at up to 75% off! Go ahead..treat yourself and your guests to something nice!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Fifteen Minutes
COST: $60.00 for 20 dinner plates, 20 salad plates and 20 bowls at the Williams Sonoma Outlet Store (the brand was actually "Pottery Barn Outlet Suppertime series" but sold at the WS outlet..go online or call a store near you.)
STRESS LEVEL: The Great White Open: Low

Popular Posts