BOARD OF TRUSTEES


Major companies and Universities around the world have a Board of Trustees who typically manage a foundation and supervise the disposition and solicitation of donations. Choosing the right paint color, the foundation of many interior designs, tends to be the most difficult process to manage with many of my clients. When I'm hired to supervise a project, in order to win the trust of my clients and get everyone on board, I bring out my trusty boards. The fear of color baffles me..it's paint people, not a tattoo of your mothers face on your arm..in other words, it's easy to fix if you don't like it! At any rate, here are a few tricks I use to help guide clients when choosing paint colors. I pick up a few pieces of 3'x5' plywood at Home Depot for less than $5 and paint them with the colors in question (most companies like Glidden, Sherwan Williams, etc. offer sample paint sizes for far less than the typical gallon). I place them in various positions in the room and leave them for 24 hours so the clients can see the color in every light. Usually, they do indeed see the colors in a new light, and realize they should have trusted me from the beginning. Then again, If everyone could visualize what color looked like on a wall I'd be on a street corner holding a board begging for donations!
TRUST ME!
A few other tricks of the trade to help in choosing colors; many companies offer free color books if you call or log onto their sites. That way you can see every color option without bringing 200 swatches home from the hardware store. Also, http://www.glidden.com/ offers a service where you upload photos of your room in a few easy steps and insert the color of choice. It IS that easy..trust me!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 24 hours to see colors in every light
COST: $18.99/Gallon average. Color swatch books are FREE if you order online or call most 800 numbers. My favorite colors are by Glidden and Behr.
STRESS LEVEL: Seeing my True Colors: LOW

Popular Posts