PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE


While kids in classrooms across America stand at attention facing the flag, hands over hearts I, too, stand in our home with my hand on my swiffer reciting my pledge: "I pledge allegiance to my pad in the United States of America, and to the filth for which I cannot stand, our home so help me God, I shall make dirt invisible to bring liberty and cleanliness for all who visit." While I pray for peace and order, I slip up from time to time. Today, after dusting a seventy year old hutch within an inch of its life, stepping back to admire my work I slipped and fell. If you have wood, maybe you can relate..get it wet and sticky, and you might just go down on it! When spraying pledge all over the hutch, I overshot and got it all over our wood floors. A bad combination! If you've done it, you know it's a pain to get rid of. So, I grabbed a bottle of windex and sprayed the floors...the ammonia in the windex cuts the oil of the pledge...ahhh, the Republic (and I) can now stand!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Two minutes
COST: Windex $4.99
STRESS LEVEL: Free from dirt: LOW

Popular Posts