A PALIN MY NECK


After a tough day of work, Joe and I found ourselves in a red state of mind. With the Republican convention buzzing in the background we cracked open a bottle of our favorite inexpensive red wine (Santa Cristina for $9.99). While it probably isn't the best candidate for any party, in these tough economic times we were happy to save a little money...and the pain in my neck went away immediately! With open minds and full glasses we settled in for a little convention watching. My mind, of course, began to drift as I listened to Sarah Palin's vision of the White House..I thought, "what's the creative vision of her house? Moose-chic?" I quickly googled "Wasilla, Alaska" hoping to get a taste of her style. A town with a population around 7,000, slightly larger than many high schools-- above is a picture of Wasilla City Hall, where Palin garnered the lion's share of her executive experience that the McCain camp trumpets. The fact that someone who ran this town from 1996 to 2002 and has less than two years under her belt governing a state with a population smaller than the city of Indianapolis has a very real chance of becoming America's vice-president terrifies (and fascinates) me. Then I thought, where do they shop? Instead of picking her apart I did what any good American would do...I stopped whining and went back to my glass of wine.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Fifteen Minutes
COST: If you're having red meat or just enjoy red wine but don't want to spend a lot, here are two of our favorites under $10.00 found in any grocery store (unless you live in Wasilla!) Santa Cristina for $9.99 and Penfolds for $7.99
STRESS LEVEL: Thank God we don't live in Wasilla: LOW

Popular Posts