SUMMERSIZE



After falling into a shame spiral yesterday post-egg mcmuffin, I jumped online to find a solution for my expanding mid-section. With a click of the mouse I found myself on Suzanne Somers website reading her tips on Somersizing: eliminate "funky foods from your diet", she suggests. Sweet Suzanne defines "funky foods" as sugars, highly starchy foods, caffeine and alcohol. After sizing up the situation (most meals prepared in our home include sugar and starch, usually accompanied by alcohol and caffeine) I decided I'd find a way to love my new handles. Determined to find the thigh master I'd packed away long ago, I headed deep into our (incredibly organized) closet where I found something shocking...while I was going to town on egg mcmuffins, moths were going to town on my favorite winter sweaters! In Los Angeles (with 365 days of sun) seasons are measured by Award Seasons: Fall (The Emmy's), Winter (The Golden Globes) Spring (The Academy Awards) and Summer (the Daytime Emmy's). On the east coast, however, it's a different scene..Joe snapped the bottom photo on a visit this April prior to our move. The top shot was taken on our first day here in May. Bottom line, seasons come and go..quickly! On the heels of summer with Fall upon us, I had to size up the moth situation in our closet before it got any worse. I jumped in my car, headed to Target and purchased cedar moth balls...and an egg mcmuffin for the ride home!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Fifteen minutes
COST: pack of 25 Cedar Moth Balls by CEDAR FRESH $3.99 (Because I detest the smell of moth balls I choose cedar because not only do they smell better but the dark colored heartwood of red cedar contains natural oils that kill clothes-moth larvae)
STRESS LEVEL: Like moths to a flame: LOW

Popular Posts