STEEL THIS TIP!


If I could I'd eat garlic morning, noon and night. I wouldn't have many friends nor would Joe ever kiss me, but I'd be happy. Garlic, better known as the stinking rose, is a species of the onion family..hence the "stinking" properties. The fantastic little vegetable can be used for both culinary and medical purposes..if you're arm is tingling and you feel dizzy obviously consult your physician, but it has been known to help prevent heart disease. My dear friend, Majken, pops a clove when she feels a cold coming on to stop it dead in its tracks. To stop our dinner guests dead in their tracks, I add garlic to my homemade guacamole..in fact, we use garlic in just about everything we make. To season a salad bowl (rub a clove around the inside of the bowl before adding lettuce), I mince a few cloves for our vinaigrette dressing (February 22 Tip), Joe used it last night as part of the rub for our pork chops...we love it! What I don't like, however, is the stench it leaves on my finger tips for days! No matter how much you scrub your hands, the smell takes days to leave the skin. Here's a quick tip to get rid of the stink: rub your hands on stainless steel (counters, faucet, etc.) and the stench is gone immediately. I asked Mr. Wizard (Joe) to explain why..but I zoned out and focused on a bird on a tree out our window. Trust me, though..it works!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten seconds
COST: Bunch of Garlic $3.99
STRESS LEVEL: Not smelling the stinking rose: LOW

Popular Posts