MC MUFFIN TOPS



DECISION 2008: Embrace my Muffin Tops...those wretched lumps of fat just below my belly that hang over my belt, jiggle when I walk and keep me (thankfully) from going topless at the local beaches and swimming pools. I blame Joe, really..if it weren't for the delicious things he makes I wouldn't eat them, wouldn't gain weight and wouldn't be writing a silly blog about my growing mid-section. While watching the Convention last night I decided (during a McDonalds commercial) to make cut-backs in the food department: no more sweets during the week and only one day of cheating allowed per week (Probably the same plan some of our Politicians are on, but I digress). So, when we do cheat I want it to be good. One of our favorite breakfast treats is definitely worth the cheat...our version of McDonalds McMuffins. Ours, however, are less fattening, lower in sodium and while we top our muffins with egg and bacon, they don't add too much to my muffin tops!
LOWER YOUR STANDARDS:
While we allow ourselves to cheat on the weekends, we still count calories and cut where we can. An Egg McMuffin from McDonald's has 300 calories and 800mg of Sodium. Ours has 180 calories and less than half the sodium. Here's how we do it: Using Canadian Bacon OR low sodium bacon, we fry it on the stove (no butter or pam necessary), toast the muffins while the bacon is cooking, plop the bacon ontop of the muffin and fry up two low-sodium eggs and place the eggs on top of the bacon/muffin combo. We've also lowered the calorie count by using whole wheat bread or cutting out the bacon entirely.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten Minutes
COST: Under $5.00
STRESS LEVEL: Lower calories, lower sodium, lower fat: LOW






Popular Posts