GRACEFUL LIVING

According to Webster the definition of Grace is "the exercise of love, kindness, mercy and favor." To live a graceful life is to live lovingly, kindly, peacefully, gratefully, beautifully and joyfully. Last week my Grandmother, Helen Grace Remenap, passed away after 93 years of graceful living. While our family mourns her death, we celebrate her life and everything she did to make ours joyful, beautiful and peaceful. As a kid I looked forward to spending summer vacations with my grandparents. While my Grandfather taught me how to fish and build a deer blind my Grandmother showed me the fine art of sewing and baking. At age seven, thanks to her help and guidance, I created beautiful interior designs for my Barbie Camper with hand-sewn curtains, bed linens and slip covers. From Dining to Designing, she did it all! Lemon meringue pie and Sauerkraut to sewing a quilt and hemming a pair of pants; after raising five kids, eleven grand children and maintaining a marriage for almost seventy years she defined graceful living. My Hechtips, if nothing else, show that no matter what the budget, one can live with grace and style, exactly the way she did. I have her to thank for nurturing my creativity, applauding my individuality and allowing me to grow...sometimes pansies. I'll never forget sitting in her living room, playing cards, watching a passing thunderstorm while she served one of my favorite snacks...Oyster Cracker "Delights." They're simple, easy to prepare and while some might judge them, they bring me pure joy!
SAYING GRACE:
One of my favorite snacks my Grandmother would whip up was her Oyster Cracker "delight." While the list of gourmet delights she produced goes on and on, I love this one!
1.) 1 1/2 bags of Oyster Crackers
2.) 1/2 cup oil
3.) 1 Envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (dry)
4.) Dill weed to taste
5.) Garlic salt to taste
mix it all together and serve. Enjoy!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five Minutes
COST: Under $5.00
STRESS LEVEL: Celebrating life with a good snack: LOW

Popular Posts