SHARIN' STONE


Karma's a bit#h and so are oil spills on marble countertops! Instead of blaming the salespeople at the store where we purchased the discounted stone in Chinatown, I kept my mouth shut. After all, I knew what we were getting into when we searched for a quick, economical solution to our hefty renovation problem. We needed something beautiful, inexpensive and we needed it yesterday. Marble, however, is not an ideal application for a kitchen countertop as it tends to scratch easily, stain easily and while beautiful, can be a total pain in the rump! While rambling on about nothing in our kitchen the other night (like an A-list, drugged up, loopy actress) I opened my mouth and out of it came the unmentionable... drips of olive oil...all over our marble countertops! This time, I couldn't blame the lovely Chinese woman who sold them to us. So, I logged on to Google to find a solution for my little slip of the tongue!
I'M SHARIN' STONE TIPS:
A great solution for most spills on marble (blood, red wine and olive oil are the worst culprits) is to pour sea salt over the areas, wait over night and wipe clean.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 8 hours
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Oil-Free: low

Popular Posts