GOOEY,STICKY SUMMER


Weather you like it or not, it's going to be sticky and gooey this summer. From Savannah to Saratoga Springs, Portland to Palm Springs weathermen have predicted a wet, gooey season for everyone this summer. Instead of resisting it, embrace it. Last night I dove into a plate of my favorite dessert prepared by my McSteamy, Joe. Just in time for bathing suit season, Joe's started baking some of my favorite desserts to get us through the sticky nights of summer. Last night it was Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake from her "The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook." For a moment, I forgot about my thunder thighs, closed my eyes and chilled out with a delicious piece of cake topped with homemade whip cream. If lightening strikes me tomorrow, I'll die a happy...slightly larger...man!
You're gonna love it gooey and sticky!
Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake
One 18 1/4 ounce package yellow cake mix (any brand)
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
1 Egg
Preheat oven to 350. Combine ingredients and mix well. Pat into lightly greased 13x9 baking pan. Prepare filling:
One 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
One 16 ounce box powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Add butter, beat. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cake mixture. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. You want the center to be gooey, so do not over bake. Enjoy Ya'll!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: 1 hour (with prep and bake time)
COST: Under $10.00 (ingredients) $14.95 for PAUL DEEN'S "THE LADY AND SONS" cookbook at http://www.amazon.com/
STRESS LEVEL: Loving the Gooey side of life: LOW

Popular Posts