BUZZ OFF!


After living in a major city, country life takes some minor adjusting to get used to. Modern conveniences like same-day dry cleaning, supermarkets with in-store banks and Starbucks, department stores selling name brands, tanning salons (maybe that's just a gay man's list of "must-haves") seem worlds away. I'm not complaining, though. This weekend we took the dogs for a hike around our new neighborhood...a two hour hike through the hills behind our house. Gang graffiti and discarded beer cans we once saw on our morning walks in LA have been replaced by deer droppings and fallen trees. Just as I stopped to take a deep breath of the fresh country air, I noticed a tick on my leg. Once again, reality crawled up and bit me..everywhere!
GET TICKED OFF!
It's a different world here in the country! Mosquito's, ants, ticks, spiders, mice....bugs are everywhere! Thanks to my Aunt Rita I've discovered a new, organic way to keep the bugs at bay: Spray Ivory Dish Soap around the base of your trees, bushes and anywhere you see the nasty little things. You'll no longer be bugged!
1.) Dilute 2 parts water to 1 part Ivory soap. Place in miracle grow sprayer or old Windex spray bottle and squirt away!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: No Bugs: LOW

Popular Posts