RESTORING FAITH IN HUMANITY




I think it's Monday, right? Did we ever think we'd be in a Covid19 state of lockdown? Well, we are. So, I hope you are making the best of the time you have at home. Many of you have emailed me questions about ordering furniture online, etc. and from what I've seen, many retail giants like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel are offering quick ship furniture items, but you've got to read the fine print as many of the manufacturers factories have closed because of the pandemic. So, before you click "PURCHASE" and get your hopes up, make sure you've read the fine print. Before this global catastrophe changed all of our lives, I furnished an entire home (well, mostly) from one of my favorite stores I've mentioned here before...Habitat for Humanity's RESTORE. Quite possibly one of my favorite go-to's for everything from artwork to bathroom sinks. Check your local listings and Facebook for locations near you, as they are scattered around the country. The mid-century pieces above I purchased for less than $300 after surfing the web for similar items, but found nothing for less than $1,000. While your Restore might be different, I check back regularly. In the Tri-State area where I live (of NY, NJ and Connecticut) one of my little tips is to head to a Restore near nice neighborhoods. For example, I scored big time in Connecticut where higher end homeowners donate regularly. Where my parents live, in Rancho Mirage, CA, there is a restore a few miles for their home. I told them to check Restore as they head out of season (June for them, as the snowbirds head back) as many people will donate outdoor furniture, etc. Give it a try before you buy. Now go to that linen closet and start organizing!

Popular Posts