I SPY

Every home has its challenges and in the last several years I've noticed one in particular that keeps coming up. Builders tend to design wacky homes, even the ones they live in. I've worked with several Builders in their personal homes over the last ten years (all are straight dudes that will never be able to figure out how to log on to a computer, let alone find my blog, so I'm safe) at any rate, the underlying theme here is builders are not DESIGNERS. Take this example above. A builder plopped a McMansion on a gorgeous piece of property but placed the master bath in the front of the house, facing the driveway. The new owners (my clients) faced the challenge of what on earth to do with a master bath (potentially) facing the UPS delivery man. So, we removed an ugly window and replaced with with a trio of windows, the lower two panels frosted leaving the upper clear with a beautiful view of the trees beyond the driveway. With this solution we don't lose light or privacy!

Popular Posts