BACK TO SANITY


Call me crazy, but I couldn't be happier that it's back to school season!  I miss my peaceful lunches, I long for the days of popping into Target in the middle of the day and not hearing one, "OMG I totally got liked on Insta!" and more importantly back to school means BACK TO SAVINGS.  I mention it every September, and I'm doing it again, this time of year is the BEST time for sales on many home items you can enjoy year-round.  Lowes and Home Depot have huge savings (up to 75% this weekend in our neighborhood) on outdoor items, from rugs to furniture and grills (remember my tip to use an outdoor rug INDOORS if you have kids or pets).  Furniture stores will push a final sale this weekend and in the next few weeks drop prices dramatically on sofas, beds, mattresses, etc. to make room for next years pieces.  This week I found two great things on sale at my local Home Depot and doctored them up to fit in a cool design.  Box crates quickly transform to office storage by painting them and placing books, files, etc inside ($5/each). Metal storage bins make for perfect modern storage in a Manhattan apartment (also $5/each).  I have many, many more ideas but because I'm surrounding by screaming children as I type this, I'll be taking a few days off to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  Rest assured, as your kiddos head back to school next week I'll be back at work bringing tips and tads your way.

Popular Posts