SPLISH AND SPLASH


As I headed out our front door the other day to remove my mason jar lanterns from the trees as strong winds descended upon our neighborhood, I stumbled upon a few interesting design ideas.  While removing the jars from our trees I literally tripped on a few fallen branches which sparked a light bulb design moment.  Because I hate to waste anything, especially paint, I decided to spray the found branches with a glossy white paint left over from a summer project (far cheaper than heading to the nursery or other store for fake twigs).  I love making vases out of jars, so pouring a bit of green paint into each mason jar then tipping them over (to allow paint to coat entire inside) gave me beautiful results and cool vases in less than an hour.  Just two more examples of how decorating does not have to be exhausting or expensive...

Popular Posts