ONCE YOU GO BLACK...

Maybe it's time to invest in an IT person to help me figure out why on earth some of these pictures come up so tiny on my computer.  Well, until I have that windfall and hire a staff, you'll just have to move closer to your monitor or just trust me on this one!  I'm not sure how my sudden obsession with everything black began, but I've got the bug and it's not going away anytime soon! After all, in design, black and white are two colors that never, ever go out of style.  How does that translate to what this little designer does?  Well, I've painted pumpkins black, side tables black, I've hung large black lamp shades as chandeliers in our living room for a dramatic effect (purchase plug-in chandelier conversion kits at Home Depot or Ikea for under $20 and turn any lampshade into a chandelier) and I love to use black as an accent color in many different applications.  Now, don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying you should paint your entire house black (unless you are Cher or a vampire) and I wouldn't necessarily love a large sofa in black (we have a dog that sheds, after all). But take these inexpensive lamps I found, for example, that spruced right up by spraying in a high-gloss black.  I saw similar lamps at a high end design store for $499.  Mine, with paint and new shades, were under $30/each.  So, live on the edge a little bit this weekend and take something in your home (or found at a garage sale, etc.) and try spraying in black.  Email me pictures of your projects and maybe I'll share them right here!

Popular Posts