Well, hello, Bourbon!


Nothing says summer like a hot day and a cold drink! Rumor has it we're supposed to see the sun, at least for a little while, this weekend, so Joe has already started planning our "southern style" dinner for Saturday night. Why southern, you ask? Why not! To compliment the steak and other southern delights he's whipping up, I thought it would be fun to explore other drink options. Last summer we loved sidecars, this summer I thought we'd ride on the Bourbon train. This yummy concoction is easy to make and incredibly easy to drink. So, as I do my sun dance praying for good weather this weekend, I'm also shaking my groove thing (a funky cocktail shaker I picked up at a flea market) and making this cool drink!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten minutes for first one including simple syrup, three minutes for those that follow
WHAT'S IN IT: PER DRINK: 2 shot glasses of Bourbon, 4 tablespoons for fresh grapefruit juice, 1 tablespoon simple syrup (however much you make, just make equal amounts. We put 1 cup of water and 1 cup sugar in a pot and heat until liquid and, well, syrupie). Top it off with four basil leaves and shake away in a cocktail shaker with ice. Add a lemon or wedge of grapefruit skin, and enjoy!
STRESS LEVEL: No stress after a few sips!

Popular Posts