BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL


Whether I'm shopping for a the perfect sofa for a client or toothpaste for myself, I'm always on the hunt for cool things. Yesterday, while shopping for a great client, I found some fantastic things at Ikea to make your summer a whole lotta fun! If you've been reading the last month, you know I purchased a vintage trailer and am in the process of renovating it on a tight, tight budget. My plan was also to make this trailer a home office (I'm sure that sounds tacky, but you'll have to withhold judgement until I am finished), so I'm looking for fun, 70's retro things to go along with my vintage trailer. Ikea carries an entire line of solar powered lights that, actually, are pretty cool. Even if you don't plan on camping this summer, if you dine outside or hang by the pool long after the sun sets, these inexpensive, hip creations from our Swedish friends might just do the trick to add a little flare to your fire. I picked up a string of solar powered lights in a light blue to match my trailer. Picture it...my trailer wrapped in lights with a pink flamingo (thanks to my Mother) standing proud next to it, while I sit in my very 70's orange plastic folding chair (bought at Target for $10.) It's been raining for the last two days in our neighborhood so I haven't had a chance to test these babies, but once the sun comes out I'm throwing them on my trailer to light up the night!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: lights need full sun exposure for at least four hours to work for at least five hours
COST: A string of lights in various colors or solids at Ikea cost $19. Table lamps start at $9, also solar powered and a great addition to any outdoor dining area or living space without the worry of tripping over wires or, God forbid, electric shock!
STRESS LEVEL: Hanging out under my special blue lights powered by the sun: LOW

Popular Posts