A-ROD


If you live in the New York area or pay attention to sports at all (I certainly don't) A Rod is in the news again. Quite honestly, I welcome the break from the bombardment of political commercials that have reached an all time Jersey Shore level of despicable behavior and allegations. Anyway, back to A Rod and where he sticks his...well, we won't go there. As easy as it would be for me to chat about A's rod and all of the places he sticks it, I'm actually talking about a rod I picked up yesterday at Bed Bath and Beyond. In an old house with big windows, it has been a bit difficult to find curtain rods that extend the width of our windows AND cover the heat pipes on either side of the frame. I've found a few, but the cost could pay for an evening out with one of A-Rod's ladies or take care of damages incurred after a hotel visit from Charlie Sheen. Instead of paying a small fortune for a curtain rod (some are as high as $125), so I dropped $11 on a brushed chrome extension shower curtain rod. Because my curtains are tab topped, you can't even see the rod and with the ability to extend it the width of the window, I can cover my cold spots with warm curtains.
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Five minutes
COST: $10.29 for a brushed chrome shower extension rod
STRESS LEVEL: Covering my rough areas with an inexpensive rod: LOW

Popular Posts