TACKY TUESDAY


When we were in LA I lived for Tuesday's because steps away from my front door was my favorite Mexican restaurant host to TACO TUESDAY. What happened there (thankfully) stayed there...cheap tacos and even cheaper margaritas meant for a great time with friends, sipping and chomping away under the southern California sky. It's safe to say my life has changed (somewhat) drastically on the east coast. Yesterday, for example, I was thrilled to walk into the newly opened Bed Bath and Beyond in a town just south of us. For the last two months I've driven by the space wondering, anticipating, anxiously awaiting the grand opening. Until yesterday, I never cared for Bed Bath & Beyond, but to observe me yesterday, one would think someone had given me a $1,000 shopping spree. Instead of judging the store with an up-turned nose, I dove in head first where I found some great deals. The key to saving beyond sale prices on your bed and bath is to take the 20% off coupons we all get in the mail every other day (if you don't have coupons, log on to website and they will send you ASAP). Two of my favorite finds yesterday will make you think I've lost my mind, and to answer Joe's question; "what the hell??" time will certainly tell! If you've kept up with my tips you know I've been faking it a lot lately. Fake candles, laugh if you must, are trending! No dirty wax, no fire hazard, no wind to worry about. If you still think they're tacky, mix and match them with real candles at your outdoor party. I've found the best made and most realistic at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware and now Bed Bath & Beyond introduces an outdoor, solar powered lantern. Craftsman in style, these lanterns are a steal at $9.99 with a battery operated, weather-proof candle powered by the sun! While I admire the twinkling lights at our next outdoor party (when left in sun all day, candle will last up to 8 hours at night) I will keep the bugs away by wearing a citronella wrist band I found for $1.99. Slip it on your wrist to keep away mosquitoes, flies, gnats and more. I'm ready for summer parties in our back yard and beyond!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Twelve hours of full sun to power battery in lantern
COST: Solar powered lanters at www.bedbathandbeyond.com are $9.99, Citronella wrist bands are $1.99
STRESS LEVEL:might sound tacky but I'm havin fun this Tuesday: LOW

Popular Posts