GUAC AND ROLL

As we roll into our third summer here on the east coast, it feels like we have two seasons: very cold and very hot. Last week I was wearing a sweater and jacket on our morning walks and today, with bugs swarming my face, I wanted to rip all of my clothes off before I died of heat exhaustion (okay, maybe it wasn't thaaaat hot, but...). When the sun is beating there's only one thing I dream of eating: Mexican food! Nothing like a cold Corona and yummy chips and guacamole to brighten up a hot day. Our long, cold winter made the produce aisles of our local grocery stores look like a third world country, so I was thrilled to find fresh, ripe avocados today. To make a lovely appetizer for two, I used two ripe avocados, added minced onion and garlic, threw in some cayenne pepper, fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. While the temperature outside was a real beast, we kicked back and relaxed indoors with quite a feast!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: five minutes
COST: less than $5
STRESS LEVEL: making something fresh and delicious on a hot day: LOW

Popular Posts