MIRROR, MIRROR IN THE SHOWER...

The most depressing part of my day is when I slip out of my clothes and into the shower. I LOVE a nice, warm, long shower but I hate the full-length mirror that taunts my every move before I jump in. Mirrors, like winter weight-gain, are a fact of life. Even if you remove every one from your home, chances are you'll come face to face with a mirror at some point during your day. So, as I stood under the steamy stream of water contemplating whether to call Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers, I had a light bulb moment about that nasty old mirror. Why not put it in the shower? Well, not IT but one like it? Shower time is also my time to think about every thing I have to do that day and today I'm meeting with a client to talk about her bathroom renovation. A busy family with three kids and two working parents, she needs to make her master bathroom more efficient. As I stood watching the water pool on my belly, I thought of a great way to get her husband showered and shaved in less time. Tile companies like Ann Sacks and Walker Zanger (and every one in between) make mirrored tiles. Placing one 6"x6" tile in her new shower (with the help of her tile installer, unless you know how. Place a mirrored tile between whatever style you've selected) would provide an interesting, sleek, modern shaving station for her husband. Instead of hogging the mirror in the bathroom, he can shave away in the steam shower. Once again my shame spiral was stopped by a good idea...now off to the gym!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Tiling a new shower took us one afternoon
COST: As low as $2/ tile at Home Depot (keep in mind these aren't stick on tiles, while those would also work, these are actual tiles placed between whatever you choose)
STRESS LEVEL: killing two birds with one mirror: LOW

Popular Posts