MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE

Every now and then I become totally obsessed with random things. In 1995 I had to have yellowware bowls. I bought 23 that year. A few years later I was infatuated with Fiestaware dishes and spent more than most college students spent on spring break on a set of dinner plates. Years later I was on the hunt for vintage Pyrex dishes. What can I say? While my classmates were hitting the bottle, I was hitting the antique mall searching for vintage bottles! My obsession this year, you ask? Interesting and unique bar ware. Today I attended an auction and won (to my pure delight) a set of decanters from the 70's. Unfortunately they looked like they hadn't been cleaned since the 70's, so I came home and used a little trick to get them clean enough to lick!
OFF THE VINE-EGAR
If you've got old bottles, vases, jars, etc. filled with muck grab a bottle of white vinegar, pour it in and watch suck it all away! Add a bit of water, let it sit for an hour and the spots and grime will wash away making those old bottles look like you bought them yesterday!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: One hour
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Seeing clearly through the bottle: LOW

Popular Posts