IN LIKE A LION OUT LIKE A LAMB SANDWICH


I must admit, before moving to the east coast I had no idea what the meaning of, "in like a lion and out like a lamb" was until I woke up on March 1st this year to three feet of snow in our front yard (in weather terms, a LION of a storm). Historically speaking, if it's cold at the beginning of the month then as we head into April the lambs wool sweaters and ugg boots are replaced with t-shirts and flip flops. This year the pattern stayed true to the age-old myth: March 31st found me eating lunch outside in the brisk, yet sunny, 70 degree spring day. It also found me eating my new favorite left-over make-over: a lamb sandwich. A few nights before my spring feast, Joe prepared a delicious lamb recipe from Cooks Illustrated. It was a meal we grazed over for hours, savoring every bite. So, on this last day of March I decided to take out that cold lamb and make something yummy for this warm (ish) day. With the addition of feta cheese, onions, cucumber, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard, I enjoyed a delicious cold sandwich on a warm spring day!
TIME TO COMPLETE TASK: Ten Minutes
COST: $0
STRESS LEVEL: Springing forward with a delicious meal: LOW

Popular Posts